Flu Vaccination Clinics
The Pomperaug District Department of Health offers flu vaccinations for persons 6 months and older. Clinics are held at various locations, including weekly clinics at the Health District office. All vaccinations are administered by experienced, license nurses.
January 2018 – Additional Clinics – Appointments required – call 203-264-9616, ext. 0
Tuesday January 23, 3:30 – 4:30 PM
Wednesday, January 24, 11:00 AM – Noon
Thursday, January 25, 3:30 – 4:30 PM
The following flu vaccines are offered:
- Quadrivalent Shot: for persons 6 months and older
- High Dose Shot: an option for persons 65 years and older; formulated to provide a more robust immune response, however, the CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention) does not express a preference for any flu vaccine indicated for people 65 and older.
- Flublok: for persons 18 years and older; suitable for persons with egg allergy; available at only at Pomperaug Health District office clinics
FluMist nasal spray vaccine will not be available this year.
The 2017 fees for the vaccines are as follows: quadrivalent injectable flu vaccine $30.00; high dose flu vaccine $65.00; Flublok $65.00.
The following health insurances are accepted: Medicare (Part B); ConnectiCare; Aetna; Cigna; Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield; HUSKY for children to 18 years. People who are covered by these insurance plans must bring their cards to the clinic. Persons with other health insurance must pay with cash, check, or credit card. Please note that AccessHeath CT / CT Exchange plans (gold, silver, bronze) plans, UnitedHealthcare and other insurances are not accepted.
To save time, you can download the flu vaccine consent form and complete it prior to the clinics. You can either type in the information and print it or print a blank form and write in the information.
- Flu Shot Clinic Schedule - PDF 413KB
- Vaccine Information Sheet - Quadrivalent, High Dose & Flublok Vaccine - PDF 332KB
- Consent for Parent Not Accompanying Child - PDF 90KB
- Flu Vaccine Consent - Ages 6 months and older - PDF 180KB