Childhood Lead Prevention Program
The Pomperaug Health District enforces the State of Connecticut Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Regulations.
The Health District receives reports of elevated blood lead levels from the CT DPH.
Our public health nurse and sanitarians initiate an investigation to determine how and why the individual is being lead poisoned. Particular attention is focused on children.
- CT Department of Public Health Lead Poisoning Prevention & Control Program
- Centers for Disease Control
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Information for Safe Home Renovations
- Blood Lead Levels in Children What Do Parents Need to Know to Protect Their Children?
- Imported Home Remedies & Medicines and Lead Poisoning